Being on the BlueHalo team means working alongside the brightest minds in technology on the toughest challenges facing our nation – not just every once in a while, but every single day. Together, we are leading the transformation of modern warfare and each BlueHalo employee plays a key role. That’s why our investment in you goes beyond a rewarding salary and benefits package. We’re committed to providing our people with the best opportunities to develop their skills, share their knowledge, and push their innovative ideas to the cutting-edge. Having fun doing it with a team that feels like family all across BlueHalo Nation is the ultimate perk. From Space and Directed Energy to Cyber and Intelligence to C4ISR and Air & Missile Defense, there is no limit to where you can take your career with us. Are you ready to launch a career at BlueHalo?
Billing Analyst will perform tasks that will help us monitor our revenues, prepare and review invoices for customers, troubleshoot and resolve issues with regards to invoices, monitor the Aged Accounts Receivable Report to ensure collections are received according to terms, and reconcile unbilled receivables on a monthly basis. This job class requires knowledge of federal procedures and payment practices as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to identify and rectify any procedural flaws to create a more
• Ensures billing parameters match the contractual agreements and maintains a billing schedule to ensure that contracts are billed timely.
• Prepares, processes, and submits electronic invoices to government and non-government customers using WAWF (Wide Area Work Flow) and other electronic methods as required by the contract.
• Manages the collection efforts through relationship building and the ability to be innovative by problem solve collection activities, billing disputes, and payment options.
• Responsible for investigation, analysis, escalation, and resolution of accounts receivable to ensure timely payment.
• Perform quality control checks to verify information entered in billing system.
• Research billing discrepancies and quickly address any issues delaying the billing process.
• Revise and edit invoices as needed.
• Reconcile unbilled receivables.
• Three or more years of experience in billing and collections
• Proven experience as Billing Analyst
• Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel); Working knowledge of relevant software
• Knowledge of billings and collections policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Federal Contract Regulations
• Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) clauses applicable to procurement of federal funds preferred
Preferred Education and Experience
• Understanding of T&M, FP, and Cost Plus billing
• Working knowledge of Deltek GCS Premier
• High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Ability to adapt to changing business needs and manage multiple priorities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Basic knowledge of accounting practices and concepts
• Ability to review and understand contract terms and conditions
• Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from team, customers and others
• Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English
• Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and common-sense skills
• High school diploma; further education will be a plus
• Ability to work in a fast –paced environment
• Adherence to laws and confidentiality guidelines
• Excellent math ability
• Good organizational skills