Why work at IAI/BlueHalo
At Intelligent Automation (now a BlueHalo company) our employees describe their work as reminiscent to a graduate school lab with the unique opportunity to see your innovation go beyond the research environment. At IAI/BlueHalo your work will transition to the real world, where it can make a difference.
Being on the BlueHalo team means working alongside the brightest minds in technology on the toughest challenges facing our nation – not just every once in a while, but every single day.
Together, we are leading the transformation of modern warfare and each BlueHalo employee plays a key role. That’s why our investment in you goes beyond a rewarding salary and benefits package. We’re committed to providing our people with the best opportunities to develop their skills, share their knowledge, and push their innovative ideas to the cutting-edge. Having fun doing it with a team that feels like family all across BlueHalo Nation is the ultimate perk. From Space and Directed Energy to Cyber and Intelligence to C4ISR and Air & Missile Defense, there is no limit to where you can take your career with us.
Are you ready to launch a career at BlueHalo?
Benefits, Retirement & more
Our careers benefits include but are not limited to the following:
Intelligent Automation, a BlueHalo company, is a technology innovation company with an office located in Rockville, MD. It conducts state-of-the-art research and product development in the areas of Intelligent Transportation Systems, Robotics, Signal Processing, Controls, Sensor Technologies, Distributed Intelligent Systems, and more.
We specialize in providing advanced technology solutions and R&D services to federal and state agencies, and corporations throughout the United States and internationally. Our transportation portfolio includes Surface Transportation, Big Data Analytics, Controls, Signal Processing, Modeling & Simulation, and Robotics & Sensor Systems.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is interested in advancing state-of-the-art robotics technologies. This Senior Research Scientist will support the Robotics and Electromechanical Systems (REMS) group at Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI). Here you will be work with multi-disciplinary teams of research scientists, engineers, and project managers to develop custom solutions to various challenging problems in the fields of Robotics, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
• Develop innovative solutions for challenging robotic control problems that the REMS group is working on
• Support ongoing research projects by collaboratively conducting trade studies, designing and implementing functional systems, testing and demonstrating the capabilities, and writing reports
• Support capturing of next robotics funding opportunities by collaboratively producing and submitting proposals that are unique and very innovative
Required Education & Experience
• PhD or MS in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering (Dynamics and Control), or Computer Science (or a related field)
• Minimum 6 years of experience working on robotic control problems in a research laboratory environment
• Programming experience using a physics engine such as ODE, Bullet, etc.
• Programming experience using ROS and/or a similar robotic control framework
• Solid understanding of kinematics and dynamics, probabilistic robotics and object-oriented programming
• Ability to implement prototype software algorithms based on conference/journal publications
• Proficient technical writing and strong communication skills
• Solid understanding of machine learning including deep learning and reinforcement learning
• Solid understanding of classical artificial intelligence and behavior-based robotics
• Experience with a robotics simulation framework such as Gazebo, Unity, and AirSim
• Publication of peer-reviewed technical papers
Leading the Transformation - The BlueHalo Effect
It speaks to who we are as a company, a global protective ring that shields everything we most want to safeguard, an unbroken line that ensures our customers retain the advantage in any battlespace, from high above the Earth to deep in cyberspace. It’s who we are, a halo, a protector, the light of inspired engineering keeping our Nation safe.
Our vision is a world where national security is certain because technical superiority is assured.
Join us and become a vital element of The BlueHalo Effect!
BlueHalo is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to Recruiting@bluehalo.com. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries.